Monday, March 7, 2011

Promotion day!

Happy Monday friends!

It was a Wonderful morning for my family! Today my husband was promoted from Ensign to a Lieutenant Junior Grade (LTJG)! Super excited for him, it's been a long, but quick (if that makes sense) two years! I met Greg at his ship this morning, because I was the one who would be pinning on his new rank! It was so windy walking to the ship I had to hold my dress down the entire time! The last thing I wanted was to flash a bunch of sailors, HAHA! I wore a super cute little dress, peach sparkly sweater and white wedges, in case you were wondering, which I'm sure hoping you were!
The promotion took place in the officers ward room where it smelt bad and was about 40 degrees..brrr, I was freezing but so glad I chose to bring a sweater!

The actual "event" only took a few minutes and consisted of the XO reading a promotion letter, hubby repeating his oath to serve his country, getting pinned, a little speech and then lots of congrats and handshakes from all the officers. I was able to pin Greg's new rank on his collar and dropped is old one on the ground..whoops!
I also received some gorgeous smell up my entire house beautiful bouquet of flowers from him! I am so blessed to have been able to be there today and create another memory in our life's book!
I just can't believe it's been two years since he was commissioned as an Officer in Newport Rhode Island on that cold winter day, standing there 6 months pregnant with a full bladder and swollen feet, lmao! I will never forget how proud I was that day! Watching my husband cross the stage, salute and know that this was the beginning of many changes ahead. He has done so many things and sacrificed so much for our family, it's just impossible to express those feelings without completely breaking down in tears. It's amazing how our lives have changed in these last twenty four months. We relocated from Florida to Georgia, bought a bigger suv, had twins, watched Zoe start Kindergarten, moved to Hawaii and immediately went through a long deployment. There have been ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade a single moment for anything! I can only say that I have learned and grown from every experience I have been through and I am a better wife, mother and friend to those around me.

Until next time...
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment